The ANZACA conference organising committee welcomes abstracts in the following categories, for consideration by review:
- Clinical anatomy research
- Innovation in anatomy education
In order to allow a broad range of presentations from a number of presenters, authors will be limited to delivering one Oral Presentation as the presenting author.
Abstract Requirements and Structure
- Body of abstract: maximum of 250 word limit (including subheadings)
- No references required
- Appropriate ethics approval for any research must be in place – authors will be required to confirm this, by checking the appropriate box on the online submission platform when submitting their abstract.
Each abstract should be formatted as follows:
Follow format of sample abstracts available for download on the bottom of this page. You will be asked to upload the abstract in this format as a word file (NOT A PDF).
- Title: no longer than 20 words, written in sentence case (i.e. with a single capital at the beginning of the title)
- Author(s): Authors should be presented as initials (separated by a full-stop and a space) followed by surname all in CAPITAL letters. In the conference program, authors will be listed according to the order entered in this online abstract submission and the presenting author’s name will be underlined.
- Affiliation(s): Include the institution, city and country
- Body of abstract: To be written as a series of paragraphs, with each subheading starting on a new line. All headings must be included and addressed:
- Materials and Methods
- Maximum 250 word limit (including subheadings).
The abstract submission deadline was 18th October 2021 at 17:00 (AEDST).
Strictly only those abstracts submitted by the deadline will be considered!
Abstracts will be de-identified prior to review by a council member not involved with reviewing abstracts.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Originality and significance to clinical anatomy research and/or educational practice
- Clarity of abstract and adherence with submission requirements
- Scientific rigour/rationale of study
- Note that all relevant data should be included in the abstract. Abstracts that do not present results (e.g. state “results will be discussed” or similar) will not be considered for review
All successful posters, poster presentations and oral presentations will be contacted by the ANZACA conference committee with the subject "Successful ANZACA Abstract 2021" from sender: email@example.com. You will be notified on, or before 25th October at 17:00 (AEDST).