This competition is open to all higher degree research (HDR) students, who are currently being supervised by an ANZACA member. You must communicate your research in no more than 3 minutes. You are welcome to participate regardless of where you are in your research journey:
- Still at the proposal stage? Exciting – tell us about it!
- Got a few preliminary results? Well done! – what are they!?
- Almost ready to hand-in? You’re a star, let us have it!
You may present your research in whatever style you wish, so get creative!
Record a presentation of your research (in whatever style you please), no longer than 3 minutes.
Follow the instructions for uploading here: 3 minute ANZACA HDR Competition Submission. (Currently inactive, check back again soon!)
Entries close: October 30th, 2020.
A panel of judges will review the presentations, and choose the top three. Winners will be notified by email by Monday 16th November, 2020. Entries will be judged using the following criteria:
- Communication style: was the topic communicated well to the target audience?
- Comprehension: did the presentation help the audience understand the topic?
- Engagement: was the audience left wanting to know more?
All prize winners will have a designated time spot in the ANZACA e-conference (4 December, 2.00pm NZ time) where their presentation will be given to the attendees.
Thereafter, there will be panel-style question and answer time when students will have the opportunity to further discuss their research with the zoom-audience.
All three place winners will receive a monetary prize from ANZACA (to be presented at the end of the programme) and be featured in the following edition of the ANZACA newsletter.